Federal Tax, Tax

Reporting Tips on Tax Returns

Do you work for tips? Generally, income received as tips is taxable. This includes gratuities received directly from customers, added to credit cards, and received from tip-splitting agreements with other employees. Employees who receive $20 or more in tips in any month must report their tips for the month to their employers. Reporting must take place by the 10th of the next month.

Read full article here.