At Cowan, Gunteski & Co., we are committed to working with our clients to build their future financial successes. Part of this is helping them find whatever information they may need to get ahead. Whether it’s industry-specific knowledge or career information you need, take a look at the resources we have compiled for your convenience.
Associations & Government Organizations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants— The AICPA was founded in 1887 and represents CPAs at a national level, setting standards and rules for the profession.
- Internal Revenue Service— The website for our federal tax collection agency is a repository for bulletins, forms, and other tax/IRS related topics.
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants— The NJCPA was founded in 1898 and represents the majority of CPAs and prospective CPAs in the Garden State, providing support, advocacy, and continuing education opportunities.
- State of New Jersey Division of Taxation— This division of our State legislature oversees State tax laws and the collection of State taxes, providing guidance, forms, and support.
- AccountingWeb— This vast online community for American certified public accountants provides valuable tools, guidance, and professional development, as well as networking opportunities.
- Career Builder— Whether you are an accountant in the market for a new job or a business seeking the best candidates, Career Builder is a great place to start your search.
- College Grad— Fresh out of college or university? Browse through entry-level positions to start your career and take advantage of useful tools and tips to help you succeed.
- NJSCPA Career Bank— This is an invaluable resource for new NJ CPAs looking for an internship opportunity, career building support, and other useful information.
- Resume Templates— Your resume is your calling card, so make sure you have the best vehicle to showcase your abilities and accomplishments.
- Atlantic Builders Convention (ABC)— This is the largest building industry trade show in the Northeast United States, showcasing innovate products and services, education, and excellent networking opportunities. It’s hosted by the New Jersey Builders Association.
- Building Contractors Association of New Jersey (BCANJ)— Founded in 1937, this is the NJ chapter of the Associated General Contractors of America (AGC), and the biggest general construction management organization in New Jersey.
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)— This US/Canada organization has 98 chapters throughout the two nations, and serves to bring construction sector financial professionals and partners together.
- New Jersey Builders Association (NJBA)— This trade association includes builders, developers, engineers, suppliers, architects, remodelers, subcontractors, consultants, and other shelter industry professionals and provides representation at national, state, and local levels.
- Shore Builders Association of Central Jersey (SBACNJ)— This chartered chapter of both the New Jersey Builders Association and the National Association of Home Builders was formed to assist builders and others in the construction sector through collective action.
- Utility and Transportation Contractors Association (UTCA)— The UTCA is a non-profit trade association representing around 1,000 firms and providing representation, lobbying in regulatory matters, safety education, and labor relations. Members work in heavy, highway, marine, and utility construction – including remediation site work – in both private and public sectors.
Fuel & Energy
- American Petroleum Institute (API)— The API is a national trade association for all facets of the oil and natural gas industry, promoting industry safety and supporting public policy to maintain a strong natural gas and oil industry.
- Atlantic Region Energy Expo (AREE)— This is the Atlantic Region’s premier trade show, providing professionals in the comfort and energy industries with networking opportunities and the latest developments in the energy, HVAC, and petroleum industries.
- Earth 911— This is a comprehensive forum for eco-friendly tips and products, and news about environmental issues all around the world.
- The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy— The mandate of this federal department is to foster US leadership and prosperity as the world transitions to a clean energy economy.
- New Jersey’s Clean Energy Program (NJCEP)— This model program promotes renewable energy and energy efficiency, and offers services and financial incentives to fight pollution while lowering costs.
- S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)— The EIA, part of the federal Department of Energy, provides independent statistics, analysis, and reporting of all the latest developments in the energy sector.
- CG Healthcare Solutions— Cowan, Gunteski & Co.’s affiliate has 100 years of combined experience in the healthcare industry and helps us provide workable financial solutions to grow your medical practice.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)— Part of the Department of Health and Human Services, CMS provides information, guidance, outreach, and education with resepct to Medicare and Medicaid programs.
- Medical Group Management Association (MGMA)— This association provides peer and mentoring support and comprehensive resources to support career success for healthcare industry professionals.
Litigation and Business Valuation
- AICPA: Forensic and Valuation Services— The Forensic and Valuation Services Center of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants provides an extensive range of tools and resources with respect to forensic accounting and business valuation.
- Findlaw— This is an invaluable resource that helps lay people find legal representation and provides information about laws, cases, court matters, and important legal developments.
- New Jersey Courts— This judicial branch of government preserves federal and state laws and protects constitutional rights and liberties. Its website provides numerous resources and information about the role of the court, court processes, and contact information/directories.
- Jersey Shore Collaborative Law Group— Divorce doesn’t have to mean a prolonged court battle. This is an excellent resource when you want to find attorneys, mediators, and other collaborative professionals to help you reach a fair and cost-efficient divorce settlement.
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)— The CSCMP is a non-profit organization supporting members of the supply chain profession through research, awareness, and opportunities to improve supply chain management skills.
- Monmouth Ocean Development Council (MODC)— The MODC is committed to the betterment of life and business in the Monmouth and Ocean Counties and provides business and networking opportunities for companies, community groups, and government services in these regions.
- New Jersey Business & Industry Association (NJBIA)— Initially the New Jersey Manufacturers Association, the NJBIA is a network for all businesses in the Garden State, providing advocacy, information, services, and opportunities for partnership between business and government.
- New Jersey Economic Development Authority (EDA)— This State agency finances small and medium-sized businesses, oversees tax incentives and redevelopment initiatives, and provides access to training and mentoring for entrepreneurs.
- Northeast Pool & Spa Association (NESPA)— Created in 1958 for the collective needs of the swimming pool industry in the Northeast, NESPA now includes both the pool and spa industries, providing members with support, networking opportunities, and education.
- The Association for Operations Management (APICS)— This is an organization that develops supply chain professional talent through education, certification, and benchmarking.
- The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals (APSP)— The APSP develops and promotes swimming pool and hot tub standards, and protects the interests of those in the pool, spa, and hot tub industry.
- Warehousing Education and Research Council (WERC)— WERC is a professional organization for distribution practitioners and suppliers that focuses on logistics management. WERC provides education, research, and networking opportunities, as well as insights from experts.
- Alliance for Nonprofit Management— This Alliance’s mission is to assist non-profit groups and organizations – as well as individuals – who are working to create social change. The community includes academics, executives, consultants, and funders.
- CompassPoint Nonprofit Services– Based in Oakland, California, CompassPoint provides education, information, and leadership development for those in the non-profit sector.
- Guidestar— Guidestar provides the latest news and non-profit data, as well as non-profit profiles, intelligence products, and resources.
- Internal Revenue Service (Charities/Non-Profits)— This is the IRS tax information page for charities and non-profit organizations, with up-to-date information about tax-exempt status.
- National Association of State Charity Officials (NASCO)— This association of state offices/officials oversees charitable organizations in the US, advocates for uniform state registration and filing, and offers guidelines on charitable solicitation (including charitable solicitation over the Internet).
- Not-for-Profit CPAs— This is a national network of CPAs who provide services to non-profit organizations, providing opportunities for information, idea, and resource exchange.