AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Deborah Sundermann joined Cg Tax, Audit & Advisory in 1996 and has focused her career on advising physicians and other professionals on financial, tax, and operational matters. She consults with physician practices in the following areas: revenue cycle management, benchmarking, compensation formulas, physician buy-sell agreements, merger and acquisition due diligence, and valuation of medical practices.
Healthcare providers throughout New Jersey have hired Deborah to advise them in the formation of their practices, including business entity selection, implementation of practice management and accounting systems, bank loan negotiations, development of fee schedules, and retirement plans. Deborah also consults with established practices considering mergers, recruitment of new physicians, expansion into new market areas, and ancillary service offerings. Area hospitals have engaged Deborah to value physician practices for potential acquisitions.
Her strong accounting and tax foundations enable her to find creative solutions for her clients in an industry that has seen constant change in regulations and reductions in reimbursements over the past decade.
Deborah is a frequent speaker, author, and conducts seminars on topics related to medical practice management and revenue enhancement for physician groups, hospitals, and various medical associations. She has been a featured speaker at several national Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) conferences, the annual New Jersey Medical Group Management Association (NJMGMA) Practice Management Conference, and several other professional association meetings. Deborah has been published in MD News, The Journal, and numerous other periodicals.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
- Loyola College in Maryland – Bachelor of Business Administration – Accounting
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ORGANIZATIONS
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA)
- CHIEF (a private network focused on connecting and supporting exceptional female leaders)
- Hackensack Meridian Health Foundation (Secretary)
- Meridian Health Professional Care Committee (Board of Trustees)
- Southern Ocean Medical Center Foundation, Meridian Health (Board Member)
- United Way of Ocean County (Past President)
- CPC Behavioral Healthcare (Board Member)