Federal Tax, Tax

Receiving Your Tax Refund as a U.S. Savings Bond

If you’re owed a tax refund this year, you might want to consider receiving it in U.S. Series I savings bonds. Under an IRS program, you’re allowed to use any amount of your refund divisible by $50, up to $5,000 per year to buy the bonds. These low-risk investments can accrue interest for up to 50 years and help protect you from inflation. If you purchase them, you’ll receive paper certificates issued in your name or the names of others you specify. You’ll also receive any remaining tax refund money in the format of your choice (direct deposit or paper check). If you’re interested, ask us when we prepare your return or contact us with questions © 2024