Federal Tax

Preparing Your Tax Records

The IRS began accepting tax returns on Feb. 12. Ideally, you’ve been gathering tax records all year and have already made an appointment with us. Bring all W-2s, 1099s and documents about state tax refunds and other payments. You also may have received a Form 1095-A, B or C (Health Insurance statement) from your employer. Unemployment recipients should get a 1099-G (Government Payments). If you receive an incorrect 1099-G, contact your state agency to request a corrected form before filing your tax return. Here’s more from the IRS. For help with tax records, contact the Cg Team. © 2021