When it comes to you, your employees, trustees and other individuals who rely on your company’s financial statements, having peace-of-mind is priceless. You have to select the most credible firm to conduct your pension plan.
The Audit Process
The purpose of auditing your pension plan is to form an opinion on whether the financial statements and supplemental schedules present fairly, in all material respects, the plan’s financial position and changes in the plan's net assets.
As part of the audit, we will review the plan’s Form 5500's for accuracy and completeness. We will also consider the plan’s compliance with applicable Internal Revenue Code requirements through an audit of the plan documents and discussion with plan personnel.
Key Reasons to Select CG as your Partner
Auditing pension plans is a very specialized practice that requires continuity and expertise beyond that required for a financial statement audit.
- Our in-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, Department of Labor (DOL) regulations, and general tax requirements specific to pension plans will ensure that your audit is of the highest quality.
- CG’s Benefit Plan Services Group is staffed with knowledgeable personnel who are up-to-date on benefit plan auditing standards, tax filing requirements and ERISA requirements.
- Our firm is a member of the AICPA's Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center. This means we have:
- Designated an audit partner responsible for employee benefit plan audit quality.
- Established a program ensuring that all ERISA employee benefit plan audit engagement personnel possess current knowledge appropriate to their level of involvement in such audit engagements.
- Made publicly available our firm's most recently accepted peer review report.
- Committed to attend and participate in continuing education that apprises us of changes in laws and accounting standards relevant to pension plans.
- Subscribed to an update service that alerts us to changes in a timely manner and will communicate any such changes to you.
- We are members of CPAmerica International, Inc. (CPAmerica), an exclusive worldwide alliance of independent certified public accounting firms:
- Through our affiliation with CPAmerica, we are able to leverage the resources and accumulated expertise of CPAmerica's National Pension Plan Audit Services Team.
Our team can provide you with a cost-effective pension plan audit while maintaining the high standards required by regulatory agencies. Learn more by e-mailing us via the Contacts area to your left or by visiting our Contact Us section.