R. Joseph Gunteski, CPA, CFF
Shareholder-in-Charge: Litigation & Valuation Services Group
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Mr. Gunteski is vice president and a shareholder of Cowan, Gunteski & Co., which he co-founded in 1982. He has 35 years of professional public accounting experience and specializes in matrimonial and civil litigation support, business valuation and forensic accounting. He is certified in financial forensics by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
Mr. Gunteski is regularly appointed by judges or agreed-upon by attorneys to act as the accounting expert in matrimonial matters, for which he provides business valuations, cash flow and lifestyle analyses, asset tracing, economic damages, equitable distribution and other reports. He is a NJ Rule 1:40 Qualified Mediator, approved by the Joint Credentials Committee of the Supreme Court Committee on Dispute Resolution and the Supreme Court Family Practice Committee for the Roster of Mediators for Economic Aspects of Family Law, Civil Law, General Equity and Probate Cases.
With his extensive experience in the preparation and analysis of tax returns and financial statements for various entities, Mr. Gunteski is also often retained in civil or commercial matters, such as: negotiations for business mergers, acquisitions, dissolutions, and sales or with banks; shareholder or partnership agreements or disputes; and estate issues.
Mr. Gunteski frequently participates in settlement conferences and provides expert witness testimony. He is a frequent speaker and seminar presenter for the legal and judicial communities.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
- Rider College cum laude graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting
- NJ Rule 1:40 Qualified Mediator by Supreme Court of NJ
- Certified in Financial Forensics by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)-
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJSCPA) – Licensed CPA
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ORGANIZATIONS
- NJCPA Business Valuation Forensic Litigation Services Interest Group
- NJCPA Valuation & Litigation Services Committee – Monmouth/Ocean Chapter
- NJ Association of Professional Mediators
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners